Benefits of Organic Food
There are numerous benefits of organic food that make the added costs you will need to pay well worth it.
Top 7 benefits of organic food
- Genetic Modification (GM) Free - One of the many Benefits of Organic Food is the fact that it has not undergone any genetic modification. A life form is said to be genetically altered when genes of other species have been mixed into its own genes. This is performed to improve the qualities if the subject. GM however is very new and still has high chances of leading to the development of unwanted traits that may endanger consumers.
- Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) Free - Synthetic animal feeds have the potential to cause the development of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy in animals which in turn may lead to the development of Creutzfeld Jacob Disease (CJD) in humans who eat the meat of animals that have BSE. CJD is a brain disease that has no known cure and is often fatal. It is also known as the human Mad Cow Disease.
- Fewer Artificial Additives - Unrefined provisions are produced in a natural environment without any help from synthetic or industrial substances. This means that they carry no risks of having toxic substances that can be hazardous to human health when consumed.
- More Nutritious - Of the various Benefits of Organic Food its higher nutritional content is considered to have the biggest impact. Plants that are grown without fertilizers or pesticides adapt to the harsh environment by producing more proteins and anti oxidants to help them resist bugs and collect nutrients from the surroundings more effectively. Animals free of antibiotics and growth hormones also adapt this way. Their bodies produce more vitamins and minerals in order for them to survive.
- Better for the Environment - Using no pesticides and fertilizers means that no toxic chemicals are released into the surroundings. Crop rotation which involves the planting of different types of plants throughout the year also helps preserve the natural fertility of the soil. The absence of chemical solutions also allows the sustenance of wild plants and animals and therefore supports biodiversity.
- Better for the animals - Animals in organic farms live better lives compared to animals in conventional farms. This is because the environment needs to be healthy and sustainable so that they can survive without antibiotics and other synthetic substances.
- Great Fresh Taste - Great fresh taste is considered a bonus among the Benefits of Organic Food. Unrefined provisions are fresher and have richer taste.